Tuesday, December 12, 2023

EL VIOLINISTA DE DOONEY

 Poema de William B. Yeats


The Fiddler of Dooney


WHEN I play on my fiddle in Dooney,  

Folk dance like a wave of the sea;  

My cousin is priest in Kilvarnet,  

My brother in Moharabuiee.  

  

I passed my brother and cousin:          

They read in their books of prayer;  

I read in my book of songs  

I bought at the Sligo fair.  

  

When we come at the end of time,  

To Peter sitting in state,   

He will smile on the three old spirits,  

But call me first through the gate;  

  

For the good are always the merry,  

Save by an evil chance,  

And the merry love the fiddle   

And the merry love to dance:  

  

And when the folk there spy me,  

They will all come up to me,  

With ‘Here is the fiddler of Dooney!’  

And dance like a wave of the sea.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Il violinista di Dooney

Versión de Angelo Branduardi


Come le onde del mare, come le onde del mare

balla la gente quando suono il mio violino

Mio cugino è prete a Kilvarnet

mio fratello è prete a Mocharabuiee

Ma io ho fatto più di mio fratello e mio cugino

leggono nei libri di preghiere

io leggo nei miei libri di canzoni

che ho comperato alla fiera di Sligo


Quando alla fine dei tempi

noi ci presenteremo a Pietro

andremo da lui seduto in maestà

allora lui sorriderà ai nostri tre vecchi spiriti

ma chiamerà me per primo oltre il cancello


Perchè sempre allegri sono i buoni

salvo che per cattiva sorte

e la gente allegra ama il violino

la gente allegra ama ballare


Quando mi vedono arrivare

corrono da me tutti gridando

Ecco il violinista di Dooney!

Vengono a ballare come le onde del mare






No comments:

Post a Comment